Re: [ga] ICANN Los Angeles Meeting

At 04:02 AM 8/9/2007 +0000, Kim Davies wrote:
Quoting Prophet Partners Inc. on Wednesday August 08, 2007:

| For those who can avoid flying into LAX, I would personally suggest using
| the Long Beach airport (LGB), which is about 15 miles away.

Out of curiosity, why do you recommend going to an airport so far away
when LAX is literally a minute from the hotel?

Why was the LAX Hilton chosen? MdR is a much nicer area. And even a bit easier to get into and out of now that they've completed the mini-extension of the Marina Freeway (formerly the Richard M. Nixon Freeway, I type as a pre-emptive strike so that Karl will not need to). It's been at least 7 hours since the last time I was in MdR.

| Karl forgot to mention that you may need an umbrella and raincoat for
| October. When it rains in LA in October, it pours...for days. Some of you
| may recall seeing the California mudslides on the news.

LAX has received a grand total of 2.6" of rain in the last 13 months,
and LA averages 0.3" in Octobers historically. I'd say this is not that
likely.

Oh, good, LA weather. '-) It's unpredictable. This past season was a record drought, but just a few years back, we came within less than a tenth of an inch of breaking the annual total. In LA in October, you could have rain; or you could have Karl's Santa Anas, kicking up some brutal fires.

James S. Tyre                                      jstyre@xxxxxxxxxx
Law Offices of James S. Tyre          310-839-4114/310-839-4602(fax)
10736 Jefferson Blvd., #512               Culver City, CA 90230-4969
Co-founder, The Censorware Project             http://censorware.net
Policy Fellow, Electronic Frontier Foundation     http://www.eff.org