[ga] Resolve

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Resolve
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 06:13:02 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We recently had a test of our resolve. It centered around the right to post whatever one pleases. At the present stage of our redevelopment, the fact of the matter is that we cannot enforce any rules past, present or future.

  It may irk some to have to read through posts that are not acceptable in their eyes. It may aggravate others that they are deemed irrelevant due to their outer limits posting. One thing is for certain, the delete button always works. The only power a poster has is in their credibility.

  Leaving the list now as we prepare and adopt our list rules would clearly reflect a lack of resolve.

  We have dealt with this latest problem and move on.

  Eric
  as GA Chair

  ps. In the dawn I read this fine quote;

  He who guards his mouth and his tongue
keeps himself from calamity.
The proud and arrogant man??Mocker? is his name;
he behaves with overweening pride.