List rules/missives to: Re: [ga] FYI:Google's chief legal officer slapped with SEC fines

  • To: Debbie Garside <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: List rules/missives to: Re: [ga] FYI:Google's chief legal officer slapped with SEC fines
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 22:53:08 -0700
  • Cc: hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx, "'General Assembly of the DNSO'" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Debbie and all,

  It seems you are implying my post was inflammatory.  It was not!
All of it was fact.  Facts regardless of how stated cannot be
inflammatory if stated honestly.
I expect an apology immediately.  This sort of snide and innuendo
should NEVER be considered reasonable.  As such any further
work by you Debbie on list rules will be viewed by myself and hopefully
by all GA members with great sceptatism.  Apologies to the chair
for Debbies missive here and my necessary rebut accordingly.

Thank you Dr. Joe for your well reasoned and logical response.
Your doing a wonderful job despite Debbies missives of late.

Dr. Dierker, Chair, I no longer have confidence in Debbies
objectivity in list rules development.

Debbie Garside wrote:

>    A possible rewording of the paragraph in question:
>
> ----
>
> 3. The messages must observe a minimum of decorum, including:
>
> - not indulging in what may be perceived as personal attacks or
> insults or
> any other behaviour considered inflammatory
>
> ----
>
> We could, perhaps, add a further sanction, at the discretion of the
> Chair or
> List Monitor to suspend first offenders for 48 hours for persistent
> OT/inflammatory postings.
>
> I also feel that we should tighten up on the sanctions to be imposed -
> with
> actual time scales designated for suspension etc.
>
>  In the light of comments on and off list, I am thinking that there
> should
> be a rule introduced for persistent offenders that would permanently
> exclude
> them from the forum - for example, 4 sanctions imposed within a given
> time
> period, say 6 months, would mean the offender is excluded for 6
> months, with
> return to the forum allowed only under certain conditions - e.g. 2
> sanctions
> for a repeat offender would mean 1 year exclusion with return allowed
> under
> "probation".
>
> Debbie
>
> (who is not altogether innocent herself - but is prepared to suffer
> the
> consequences in the future - at the Chairs/List Monitors discretion)
>

>   _____

   Abraham Lincoln