[ga] WIPO calls for "oversight"

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] WIPO calls for "oversight"
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:42:07 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"We observe that an increasing number of registrars
display behavior that frustrates the intended
functioning of the UDRP.  Whether or not motivated by
links to registrants, such behavior includes
non-compliant registration provisions, the failure to
provide complete or correct registration information,
simple uncontactability, 'cyberflight'-related or
other modifications to registrant data after a
complaint is filed, and failure to properly implement
transfer decisions.  WIPO has informed ICANN of many
such instances and will shortly provide a fuller
overview of these practices, which call for
independent and active oversight."

http://www.icann.org/correspondence/gurry-to-twomey-04jul07.pdf

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/