Re: [ga] List Rules (GA Chair)

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] List Rules (GA Chair)
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:27:05 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In his volumonous posts Jeff has created a theme that I would hope others may respond to.
  That would be taking the GA in a whole new direction of independence. Including the rules we promulgate and hopefully even Jeff will live by.

  This is only an option if there is a reasonable showing of support. We can drop the list rules now and draft a whole new set and call for contributions and establish an independent constituency model or whatever.

  But based on historical support and willing constructive contributions we will stay the course.

  Eric

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Dr. Dierker and all,

Sorry but knowing you as I do, I doubt very seriously you feel
awkward in this at all. >:) Nice try though. But I will be happy
to relieve you of this voting duty as I do have an eMail voting
form which is broadly used. Where the real problem is, is how
and under what standard is a member of this forum verified.
As we have only one new member that I am aware of sense
we last voted via eMail voting on this forum, verification methods
and use for now can be set aside. Any problems with that?

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> If this is best for you let me know. But we are working on some
> other methods for noticing the Rules.
>
> Notice here that the final section is for the Chair. I forgot terms
> and methods of election.
> I also feel awkward doing that portion as the sitting (or running)
> Chair.

Abraham Lincoln

United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827

Bored stiff? Loosen up...