From: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Danny Younger
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 12:42 PM
To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ga] WIPO calls for "oversight"

"We observe that an increasing number of registrars

display behavior that frustrates the intended

functioning of the UDRP.  Whether or not motivated by

links to registrants, such behavior includes

non-compliant registration provisions, the failure to

provide complete or correct registration information,

simple uncontactability, 'cyberflight'-related or

other modifications to registrant data after a

complaint is filed, and failure to properly implement

transfer decisions.  WIPO has informed ICANN of many

such instances and will shortly provide a fuller

overview of these practices, which call for

independent and active oversight."

http://www.icann.org/correspondence/gurry-to-twomey-04jul07.pdf

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/