Re: [ga] Public Comment Period: NARALO MOU

Kim and all,

  I believe Dr. Dierker has a concern regarding "officialdom"
as it implies a legality.  So until we have some agreement
by vote of the list members, which we do not now, I don't
want to offend anyone by declaring or providing reference
for anything which would even imply authoritative in any
manner.

  Secondly, recently in the "Loraine" case I believe
the 6th US District court of Appeals, Judge Grimm
ruled effectively there are no references on the internet
that would be authoritative as I believe your use
and meaning of the term here.  Although I disagree
with Judge Grimm's ruling, I believe for me to provide
any reference as "authoritative" could be considered a
willful act of fraud on my part.  So your request
*as stated* makes answering it directly in conflict
with that ruling.  Hence I cannot ethically provide
the answer you requested.

  Btw, I also noticed, Roberto also refrained from providing
any "authoritative" reference for his claim.. He may be right
and I may be wrong or vice versa.  After searching I did
find two references that contradicted each other as to this
issue, using ask.com of course.  >:)

  Frankly however I fail to see the relevance of this issue
to the GA, which is yet another stated concern of the
chair.  As such, refraining form such relevance, however
mitigating one may believe the relevance of this issue is
or is not, I believe would require a measured consensus,
i.e. a vote by the GA members once we have a viable
voting method agreed upon.

  So in conclusion, I am sorry I cannot more directly answer
your valid request, as the chair, and lack of a defined agreeable
process and rules, are not yet in place for the NEW GA by
which I *might* be able to do so.

Kim Davies wrote:

> Quoting Jeff Williams on Thursday July 12, 2007:
> |
> | > And Canada happens to have two official languages, English and French.
> |
> | Incorrect, Canadas official language is still English.
>
> Can you provide the authoritative reference? The Official Languages Act
> of Canada concurs with Robert's assessment.
>
> kim

"Obediance of the law is the greatest freedom" -
   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827