Re: [ga] Public Comment Period: NARALO MOU

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Public Comment Period: NARALO MOU
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:54:33 -0700
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roberto and all,

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Jeff Williams wrote:
>

> >   As to "multilingual", my countries official/legal language
> > is American english, not French, or Spanish.  When in Rome do
> > as the Romans do...
> > Ergo, when in France, speak French, when in a Spain or any
> > other Spanish speaking country, speak Spanish.  If you are
> > not able to do speak either and visiting there, hire a
> > translator.  Otherwise don't visit there.
>
> Correct.
>
> However, we are not talking about a supposed US-RALO, but a NA-RALO, which
> includes, inter alia, Canada.
> And Canada happens to have two official languages, English and French.

Incorrect, Canadas official language is still English.

> When in Quebec, do as the Quebecquois do...

And I do.  My French is more than passable and remember, Quebec
is a Province in Canada still, although there have been "Movements"
towards independence even in very recent years, however even
Quebecens recognize independence from Canada was voted by
native Quebecens, not to be in their best interest.  I have also found
most Quebecens are very willing to speak English with English
speakers whom visit there.  Not so in France.  And both my
daughters speak fluent French and Vietnamese.  >:)

> Cheers,
> Roberto
>
> P.S.: Also, when in San Juan, we all learned that Puerto Rico has two
> official languages, English and Spanish...

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827