Re: [ga] GA list and the GNSO council

Avir and all,

  Why does the Bod need to make this decision?  Can't
the GNSO council make this low level decision?  If not,
why is there a GNSO council in the first place?  Seems
overly redundant if the Bod has to make such low
level decisions.

Avri Doria wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Indeed there might be some value in considering a proposal for an
> approrpaite intake procedure.
>
> In this case, I think this should be taken up with the ICANN board
> committee that is accepting proposals, as far as I understand, for
> GSNO reform.
>
> Thanks
>
> a.
>
> On 9 jul 2007, at 13.10, Danny Younger wrote:
>
> > Hi Avri,
> >
> > There may be some value in considering the earlier
> > adopted NC Intake Procedure:
> >
> >> From the Rules of Procedure for the DNSO Names
> > Council, Version 7
> >
> > 4.3 Agenda proposals for NC meetings.   Any of the
> > following persons can make proposals for NC agenda
> > items by e-mail to nc-intake[at]dnso.org:
> >
> > -- members of the Names Council
> > -- the Names Council secretariat
> > -- the ICANN Board
> > -- members of the ICANN Board
> > -- the ICANN officers and staff
> > -- the GA Chair
> > -- members of the General Assembly (GA) defined as
> > subscribers to the ga[at]dnso.org,
> > announce[at]dnso.org or the GA voting register
> > -- subscribers to an active DNSO ad hoc working group
> >
> > There will be a limit of one posting per entity per
> > day and the IC shall have sole discretion to deal with
> > abusive activity. Intake suggestion e-mails for any
> > meeting will be publicly archived after the end of the
> > meeting in question.
> >
> > -- Food for thought --
> >

> > --- Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> While I think it is critical that the GNSO council
> >> list be open for
> >> reading by all, as well as meeting calls being
> >> recorded etc,  as part
> >> of our effort to be transparent, I also believe that
> >> if the council
> >> is get work done, it is critical that the council
> >> list remain a
> >> council member's list with posting only by council,
> >> liaisons and
> >> relevant staff.
> >>
> >> I also beleive that this does not ignore the
> >> requirement for
> >> openness.  Not only is the GA list open to all, and
> >> followed by many
> >> in the council, the board and ICANN staff, but there
> >> are open
> >> consultations that allow for input into the process
> >> and there is the
> >> recent introduction of open GNSO Working Groups.
> >> And while I am sure
> >> measures for openness and transparency can be
> >> improved, and while I
> >> expect the Board's Governance Committee Working
> >> Group on GNSO
> >> improvement to suggest ways for further openness and
> >> transparency in
> >> their report, I also believe we must find the proper
> >> balance between
> >> trying to get work done in a timely manner (still a
> >> goal to be sure)
> [...]

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827