RE: [ga] Draft GA List Rules

  • To: Debbie Garside <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'GA'" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Draft GA List Rules
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 18:11:38 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well there is no sense in doing all this work and not addressing the position of chair.
  Liaison is a tougher nut. Some bodies designate who may report from the GA.
  But I say let us set one up and make it optional to install said liaison.

  Deemed Adopted. This is something we can address as far as the chair position goes. The chair may deem something adopted if there is ---------- or no opposition, once published for 10 days. Probably publish every day for 10 days. Default I believe is the concept. At any rate we need it due to ebb and flow apathy here.

  Another word for Individual is self. It should be accepted that individuals here will act within their own self interest. And we can see through history that individuals here will speak quite loudly when something, someone or some policy is not in their interests. Therefor I feel confident that adopting a default acceptance policy is a good idea. And If someone comes out strongly for or against, another will counter.

  Eric

Debbie Garside <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      Hi Eric

  I think we need to add more rules for election and role of Chair (including, perhaps, official/unofficial liaison officer).  I think we should then ask the list to say if they disagree with the rules and I feel that a silence should be seen as agreement to implement.

  Best

  Debbie