Re: [ga] Rate Reduction

Debbie Garside wrote:

Hi Danny

If I was ICANN I would steer as far away from this sort of study as
possible. What a can of worms. I am thinking of situations like .cat.
Such a study could raise questions like does ICANN have any responsibility

Don't worry about it. You must be new to the icann mishmash. Its a dance we all play here with ICANN. What will happen is that ICANN will find a firm that will provide it with the answers it wants. That sort of thing has been going on for years. The firm that does this study will publish the results only after a considerable amount of time has passed in the hope everyone will forget the original issue that sparked the study in the first place.

Then people and many experts will poke holes in the study. Everyone will agree the whole exercise was bogus. There will be alot of contraversy and then we all move on to the next disaster.

It's alot like a government bureacracy at ICANN.

regards
joe

--
Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium

begin:vcard
fn:Joe Baptista
n:Baptista;Joe
org:PublicRoot Consortium
adr:;;963 Ford Street;Peterborough;Ontario;K9J 5V5 ;Canada
email;internet:baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:PublicRoot Representative
tel;fax:+1 (509) 479-0084
tel;cell:+1 (416) 912-6551