Re: [ga] Haiti, the Internet and ICANN

  • To: Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Haiti, the Internet and ICANN
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 14:10:17 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi <bashar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The legitimate point of this thread is; Does ICANN have the authority to deny a country a ccTLD due to politics and human rights matters? (someone concerned please cite someplace that purports the answer) And secondly, How should they exercises that right if they indeed have it?

  On a humanitarian basis I do think that Sotiris should ask for some shows of hands and if it be clear, then our body could formalize a letter in condemnation and support for our fellow man stuck in such a hell. This would be appropriate for this assembly.

  Happy 2nd of July.

  Eric

Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jul 1, 2007, at 3:03 PM, jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> And Sotiris, thank you for your earlier support of America and
> Americans,
>
> I and very sure most americans like myself feel the same about our
> fine
>
> neibors to the north in Canada. I am saddened and concerned that our
>
> new participant, Debbie has such a negtive and uninformed view
>
> of our american government, Americans, and seemingly our friends
>
> the Canadian people.
Are you denying that your government is kidnapping people, sending
them to secret prisons and torturing them?

Maybe _YOU'RE_ the uninformed one?

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?