Re: [ga][RAA] Involuntary expirations

At 07:00 a.m. 19/04/2007, Prophet Partners Inc. wrote:
Hi Joop,

You also stated earlier that the redistribution of expired domains was
wrong.,

Ted,

I said that only about *inadvertently* expired names. Please do not put nonsense in my mouth.

to which we replied with a detailed explanation and several
analogies of why the current process is fair to registrants.

I took exception to your "mortgage" analogy and again I think your "parking space" analogy is not appropriate, if only because of the real scarcity of parking spaces, which has no equivalent in the name space. (i'm not talking about the TLD space).
Sorry, but in the last 8 years I have heard too many arguments by analogy to justify contractual and regulatory practices that could have been much more registrant- friendly had the registrants been represented in the process of their making.

 Bear in mind
that we are speaking from the perspective of a registrant with several
thousand domain names and it is in our best interest to protect registrant
rights..