Re: [ga][RAA] Involuntary expirations

At 02:13 a.m. 18/04/2007, you wrote:
Jeff,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I read the article and I am not buying it. I saw only a baldfaced assertion of stress but no evidence except on behalf of an employee with a mega corp. And it would appear to be that employees' job to do what she was complaining about doing.
As for everyone making money on the system; what is wrong with that?

I think it is sleazy to make money from involuntary expirations.

It feels like finding and keeping lost property. To use a system of "finding" is o.k., but if the owner of lost property shows up at your whois, you don't charge him $1000 to get it back.
This is the common sleaze that registrants complain about.

Re-registration within 45 days should require explicit approval from the last registrant.
Just a small safeguard to strengthen registrant rights and make Domain Names that much more valuable.

-joop-