Re: [ga] Re: [RAA] working group to design a better RAA

Ted and all,

Thank you for your kindly reply.  However if anyone cannot actively
participate on any WG list or sublist than it is not open and transparent,
ergo anyone must be able to post as well as read.  All 134,000 members
of our organization can actively participate in any topic we may have ongoing
and their is little disruption although very few actively on a regular basis.
However
I also understand your point, yet I believe it is overstated and premature.
BTW,
whom is the "we" you mentioned?

  In any event Dr. Dierker is the chair and this is his decision to make
regarding whom may actively participate on any WG list or sublist.  In
any event if any WG list or sublist as to whom may and whom may
not actively participate ergo selective censorship the results will be
limited and/or reflect those which are allowed to actively participate.
Hence said results may or may not end up with a better product, in
this case a better RAA...

  My participation will be limited and be centered in favor of
registrants vs registrars/registries.  I am also of the belief that
data escrow is entragel to a better RAA as is security, control,
and access to any individual registrants registration data records.

Prophet Partners Inc. wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> We think that it would be fair to say that as a group, the participants of
> this mailing list all want to build a solid foundation, from which we can
> express our collective opinions and bring long overdue reform to flawed
> ICANN policies.
>
> What we proposed earlier is completely open and transparent. Anybody can
> read anything they want. In the interest of efficiency, only WG participants
> should post to the WG. Other people with an interest can post their opinions
> to the WG suggestions / comments forum. Nothing would get accomplished if
> every person expressed their opinion through the WG. Could you imagine a
> public company holding weekly meetings at which every stockholder expressed
> their opinions? As the spokesman for the INEGroup, could you imagine the
> ensuing chaos if every one of your 134,000 members had their word?
> Certainly, you should be able to recognize the importance of hierarchy and
> structure. With that being said, the number of participants in each WG is
> fluid and individuals expressing the desire to join a particular WG can be
> added as necessary.
>
> The WG forums should be viewed as the detailed discussions for each issue,
> while the GA list would include a summary of the WG findings. As the WG
> forums would be categorized by topic and organized by date, it should be
> much easier for people to follow and provide input on their particular areas
> of interest. The GA mailing list may seem manageable in its present state
> with an average of 10-15 messages per day. However, we would like to
> eventually see increased participation from a wider segment of the Internet
> community. In our opinion, getting broad based support from the Internet
> community is the critical variable that will make our mission successful.
>
> Contrary to what you may believe, many people prefer to drop into
> discussions at forums at their own leisure and not get bombarded by emails
> throughout the day. Although, the antiquated mailing list does work, we
> believe that it is much less effective than a modernized online forum. Let
> advances in technology help us move forward.
>
> Sincerely,
> Ted
> Prophet Partners Inc.
> http://www.ProphetPartners.com