Re: [ga] RE: Registrants Constituency

  • To: Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RE: Registrants Constituency
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:30:10 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: "'Karl Auerbach'" <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Danny Younger'" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The issue of end user representation must be pressed from all angles, all sides at all times.

  Eric

Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mar 5, 2007, at 5:44 AM, Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> I am only saying that if we have already
> tremendous problems in building a presence for registrants, it
> might be a
> useless waste of resources to try to get to the wider objective

Due to capture of control early on by entities that quite like the
absence of registrant representation.

The writing was on the wall from day one.

Especially when they installed a CEO who was an ex-Navy commander.
Those guys are used to taking orders from above, not listening to
bottom-up consensus.

The only way Registrants or users are going to see proper
representation is ICANN is if they either wipe the slate clean and re-
build it from scratch - the way it was intended to be, or the USG
mandates inclusion.