Re: [ga] RE: Registrants Constituency

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RE: Registrants Constituency
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 22:38:14 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, icann staff <icann-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "John M.R. Kneuer" <jkneuer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. Dierker, Andy and all,

  I believe we are all of the same mind here.  And I agree with Dr.
Dierkers sentiments.  I would offer a slight modification to the
way he stated it: The issue of end user "Individual" representation,
free and unrestricted, must be pressed from all angles, all sides at
all times.

  As to Andy's observant remarks and/or comments, I thought
that the Mou was the mandate to which you more than likely are
right, suggest?  If I am correct, than it seems that ICANN is dragging
it's feet and offering various excuses as to why they have not complied
and DOC/NTIA have been VERY considerate of those various excuses...
If I am incorrect, than such a mandate is long overdue as events have
clearly shown...

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    The issue of end user representation must be pressed from all
> angles, all sides at all times.
>
>   Eric
>
> Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Mar 5, 2007, at 5:44 AM, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
>
> > I am only saying that if we have already
> > tremendous problems in building a presence for registrants, it
> > might be a
> > useless waste of resources to try to get to the wider objective
>
> Due to capture of control early on by entities that quite like the
> absence of registrant representation.
>
> The writing was on the wall from day one.
>
> Especially when they installed a CEO who was an ex-Navy commander.
> Those guys are used to taking orders from above, not listening to
> bottom-up consensus.
>
> The only way Registrants or users are going to see proper
> representation is ICANN is if they either wipe the slate clean and re-
>
> build it from scratch - the way it was intended to be, or the USG
> mandates inclusion.

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827