Re: [ga] RE: Registrants Constituency

  • To: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RE: Registrants Constituency
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 22:01:51 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, icann staff <icann-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Karl and all,

  It's clear that Roberto is trying to confuse users with registrants
and lump "normal users" with Registrants vice versa as a subset
within the GNSO structure.  Ergo, "normal users"  may or may
not have a registered domain name, and if not it seems Roberto
does not consider then to "fly" in regards to being represented
equally with users whom are also Registrants.  Such a notion
is inconsistent with the Mou, and also not logical so therefore
not a creditable contention or position...

  Yet is is reasonable that a "Registrants Constituency" with
the GNSO is logical to the degree that the GNSO is legitimate,
which we all know it is not and was not legitimately conceived
from the beginning.

Karl Auerbach wrote:

> Roberto Gaetano wrote:
>
> > Just to clarify my point.
> > I am not arguing that there should not be a place in the GNSO for "normal"
> > users (i.e. non-registrants).
>
> OK.  I'm talking about the place of normal users in the selection of
> board members, not the more limited space of the GNSO.
>
> In terms of the GNSO, however, the requirement that one buy a domain
> name as a ticket for entry is equivalent to a poll tax, something that,
> at least here in the US, has been seen as manipulative and
> discriminatory, and largely illegal in systems of public governance.
>
>                 --karl--

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827