Re: [ga] RE: Registrants Constituency

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RE: Registrants Constituency
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 23:21:53 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, icann staff <icann-staff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. Dierker and all,

  Maybe our friend Roberto reckons "(and I want to stress
"registrants" vs. "users", simply because past experience has shown that

"individual users" will not fly)" in the same vain as "thank god pigs
don't fly"!  >:)  However as far back as I can recall, Roberto has
never seemed to be a fan of "users" and especially not a fan of
"users" having any say of any kind in policy determination, even
though I, and many other registrants and "users" on this and many
other forums have tried to give Roberto and those of his mindset
on the ICANN Bod and staff the benefit of the doubt more than once.

  But let us not single Roberto out here.  Most of the ICANN
musical chairs ICANN Bod and staff have never wanted "users"
to have a voice and a vote on ICANN policy determination.  Of
course such a position fly's in the face of open and transparent
as well as Bottom up...  Which again points up why I have for
several years said ICANN itself is not creditable and is illegitimate
and
any "Reform" of ICANN cannot also be creditable unless and
until ALL Stakeholders are equally represented...

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    This is just does not "fly".
>   This is so elitist that it is not acceptable.
>   If Roberto speaks for the BoD on these matters It is time for some
> real housecleaning.
>   The end user is the only reason that the internet flys at all.
>
>   Eric
>
> Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   Danny,
>
> I mean two things.
>
> On one hand, the voice of the registrants in the GNSO (and I want to
> stress
> "registrants" vs. "users", simply because past experience has shown
> that
> "individual users" will not fly).

> Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your
> question on Yahoo! Answers.

"Obediance of the law is the greatest freedom" -
   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827