Re: [ga] ICANN request to Registerfly - Notice of Audit and Notice to Submit Data Escrow

  • To: "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN request to Registerfly - Notice of Audit and Notice to Submit Data Escrow
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 22:40:10 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, "vinton g. cerf" <vint@xxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, "Icann Atty. john jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx" <john.jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx>, icann staff <icann-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, "John M.R. Kneuer" <jkneuer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, James plummer <jplummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dnso liaison7c <liaison7c@xxxxxxxx>, Cindy Cohn <cindy@xxxxxxx>, Setven Wernikoff <swernikoff@xxxxxxx>, James Bryce Clark <jamie.clark@xxxxxxxxx>, james tierney <james.tierney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ted and all,

  In that ICANN started looking into the complaints from registrants
and was "Discussing" them with RegistryFly back in June of '06 and is
only sense Feb. of 07 actually taking any kind of tangible action, it
seems ICANN's lack of concern is rather significant towards
registrants  From where I and our members sit, this seems very
close to gross negligence on the part of ICANN and sends a message
to ANY registrant regardless of whom they choose as their Registrar,
that their Domain Names are in great jeopardy.  As such, ecommerce
business can and will be disrupted to the degree ICANN acts or
re-acts to these sorts or types or Registrar and/or Registry bad business
practice.

  I along with several of our members all of whom are registrants, although
none choose RegistryFly as their Registrar of choice, are concerned, and
believe that Jones&Day, ICANN's legal eagles, should have taken
this action much sooner than it has as ecommerce confidence has
been shaken as a result of ICANN's legal and compliance staff
lack luster addressing of this matter...

Prophet Partners Inc. wrote:

> Hi Danny,
>
> ICANN has just posted additional correspondence between it and Registerfly.
> I am not an attorney and these are only my personal opinions and
> interpretations. If you require legal advice, you should seek qualified
> legal counsel.
>
> ICANN has sent Registerfly a Notice of Audit and Notice to Submit Data
> Escrow dated February 21, 2007. The audit requests all registration data
> submitted to registries, all registration information between registrants
> and payments from / refunds to registrants. The data escrow requests a list
> of all Registerfly domains, plus a list of name servers, registration dates,
> expiration dates, and WHOIS data for all such domains.
> http://www.icann.org/correspondence/pritz-to-stansbury21feb07.pdf
>
> Registerfly's reply from law firm Mirzaian Schoenbrodt, LLP is dated March
> 1, 2007. The response references an unpublished ICANN letter from February
> 28, 2007. Registerfly agrees to the data escrow with conditions, but denies
> ICANN's request for an audit.
> http://www.icann.org/correspondence/mirzaian-to-pritz-01mar07.pdf
>
> ICANN's reply from law firm Jones Day of  Second Notice of Breach and Notice
> to File Suit is dated March 2, 2007. Registerfly is given notice by ICANN of
> breaching the audit and data escrow provisions of their RAA. ICANN gives
> Registerfly 15 business days to comply or Registerfly's ICANN Accreditation
> will be terminated. ICANN also gives notice of a pending lawsuit to be filed
> with the U.S. District Court of California seeking a temporary restraining
> order, which requires Registerfly to comply with the audit and data escrow.
> http://www.icann.org/correspondence/levee-to-mirzaian-02mar07.pdf
>
> Sincerely,
> Ted
> Prophet Partners Inc.
> http://www.ProphetPartners.com
> http://www.Premium-Domain-Names.com

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827