Re: [ga] GA voter registration

  • To: Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] GA voter registration
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:09:08 -0800
  • Cc: Dominik Filipp <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joop and all,

  Well now Joop, let's not forget the IDNO was a farce
from the beginning, and was proved to be later.

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 10:00 p.m. 17/01/2007, Dominik Filipp wrote:
> >Indeed, not a bad idea...
> >
> >I checked it too and was able to register without problems.
> >As the first step, just putting a sole link on an ICANN page would
> >suffice. The administration of the site should stay in hands of someone
> >who is personally involved and interested in keeping it running and up
> >to date.
>
> The old ICANN website used to provide links to registrant constituency
> building efforts, such as the IDNO. If anything, it reflected an amount of
> sympathy from ICANN's side.
>
> Perhaps someone (Roberto, Ken or Veni perhaps) could be so kind to request
> ICANN's webmaster to provide a link from the gnso.icann.org pages to
> http://www.pollingbooth.info/generalassemblysignup/ to aid in the effort to
> provide a minimum of structure to our GA. (Suggested anchor text: creating
> a voters' roll for the General Assembly)
>
> Roberto, do you still remember how you as elected GA chair  actually
> *counted* a show-of-hands-vote in  Yokohama?
>
> One has to choose between being merely the "realistic" messenger of
> hopelessness or an aide to those who wish to restore some of the former
> role to the only "general assembly" left in ICANN
>
> --Joop--
>
> www.icannatlarge.com

"Obediance of the law is the greatest freedom" -
   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827