RE: [ga] GA voter registration

  • To: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] GA voter registration
  • From: Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 23:00:40 +1300
  • Cc: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 10:00 p.m. 17/01/2007, Dominik Filipp wrote:
Indeed, not a bad idea...

I checked it too and was able to register without problems.
As the first step, just putting a sole link on an ICANN page would
suffice. The administration of the site should stay in hands of someone
who is personally involved and interested in keeping it running and up
to date.

The old ICANN website used to provide links to registrant constituency building efforts, such as the IDNO. If anything, it reflected an amount of sympathy from ICANN's side.

Perhaps someone (Roberto, Ken or Veni perhaps) could be so kind to request ICANN's webmaster to provide a link from the gnso.icann.org pages to http://www.pollingbooth.info/generalassemblysignup/ to aid in the effort to provide a minimum of structure to our GA. (Suggested anchor text: creating a voters' roll for the General Assembly)

Roberto, do you still remember how you as elected GA chair actually *counted* a show-of-hands-vote in Yokohama?

One has to choose between being merely the "realistic" messenger of hopelessness or an aide to those who wish to restore some of the former role to the only "general assembly" left in ICANN

--Joop--

www.icannatlarge.com