Re: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0

> At 05:45 PM 11.12.2006 '?.'  -0800, sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>[cutting lots of insults]
>>Where was Mr. markovski in 1998, Karl? When you were voted in as an ICANN
>
> Where was I? I was here:
> http://www.icann.org/committees/at-large/mitf-bios.htm and I was also
> at half a dozen other places, where you have never been. And, btw, I
> don't care where you have been.

So, you've actually been around long enough to know some of the history...
that only serves to make you twice as culpable.

> It's not necessary and it's not
> important. What is important is that you switched from attacking
> ICANN to attacking me. That's always a sign your position wasn't good
> right from the beginning.

Any entity is the sum of its parts, and as with a computer the GIGO
principle applies equally to corporate entities.  In keeping with that
analogy, it's more often the individual pieces of software that we install
on computers which cause us problems and not the computers themselves per
se (i.e. as the sum of their constituent hardware parts).  ICANN was
generally considered a good idea back in 2000, it has since degenerated
into an abomination.  Was the original idea bad or was it subsequently
corrupted?  I happen to believe it was corrupted in stages.  How does
corruption occur?  It comes about as a state of progressive putrefaction
arising from decay (as by rot).  So, once again we return to the GIGO
principle, as IMO ICANN did not become corrupted without rotten elements.
Of course this raises other questions...

My only question is: how many more condescending and patronizing patsies
from the ICANN insider reserve will we see acting as directors before
something/anything is done to actually serve a truly "bottom up" Internet
Public Interest as a whole?

I've been involved in and around ICANN since 1998 and I have to say,
considering the importance of the Internet as a global infrastructure
resource, I am less than impressed by the quality of its "stewardship" to
date.  Shame on you Veni!

Sotiris Sotiropulos