Re: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0

  • To: Veni Markovski <veni@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 08:38:56 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: kidsearch <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Veni,

I and others on this list have opinions.  We put
forward reasonable argumentation in support of those
opinions.  Yet when the ICANN states their opinion on
a matter such as the .biz, .info and .org contracts,
it offers no argumentation in support of the
conclusion.  It is a mantra, "Resolved that..."

If the Board actually gave a damn about the community
it purportedly serves, it would clearly articulate the
justifications behind its decisions (especially when
public comment is running 99 to 1 against adoption of
the proposed contract language).

All I can infer from your recent decision is that
ICANN maintains that it must have additional revenue,
so the contracts will be approved (with minor token
changes) so that the revenue stream can continue to
flow.

Don't expect me to believe that the prospect of
unchecked yearly registry price increases is actually
in the public interest.