Re: [ga] Synopsis of GA comments on new TLDs

  • To: "Danny Younger" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Synopsis of GA comments on new TLDs
  • From: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:55:39 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny,

In the document entitled "Comments from the General Assemblyʼs Internet
Users" footnote #38 should be changed to
http://gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/ga/msg03272.html

Also, footnote #72 ought to be changed to Comments from the General
Assemblyʼs Internet Users

Footnote #78 is wrong.  I did make statements on "on the need for
representation for individuals in the TLD decision-making process" but the
footnote url is wrong; I don't know what the correct one is.

Footnote #87 is also wrong, the referenced url is a staement by Jeff
Williams and not myself.

Footnote #99 is also a mis-reference see the url:
not correspond to "gggg Sotiris Sotiropoulis remarks:  &#8220;The fact
that the dns is, practically speaking, well nigh infinite does not in any
way warrant the idea that it ought to be infinitely populated&#8221; "

Footnote #158 is also a mis-reference and misstatement.

Footnote #172 is also a mis-reference.

Footnote #187 is also a mis-statement, your wording makes it sound as if I
am in support of regional TLD endeavours such as a .lac or .cat when, in
fact, I am not in favour of such regional TLDs.  What I stated was that I
favoured a subdomain tree for existing ccTLDs that would cover any need
for geographical specificity.

Sotiris Sotiropoulos