Re: [ga] RE: IDNs & the GNSO New TLD PDP

  • To: dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx, vint@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RE: IDNs & the GNSO New TLD PDP
  • From: Elisabeth Porteneuve <Elisabeth.Porteneuve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:52:15 +0100 (MET)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny,

Thanks for spotting so many interesting documents.

Actually, MINC have been making a terrible noise about
their work on IDN Arabic tables, while Polish Registry
simply did the job, and published all tables thay have
been considering, from Polish (Latin with 7 diacritical
characters) to almost any alphabet-based language,
including Russian, Greec and Hebrew (in 2003 if I remember).

The reffered letter is 18 months old (July 2004).
One could expect MINC making some progress since then
and publishing some reports.

But I could not find any MINC tables on the IANA website
http://www.iana.org/assignments/idn/registered.htm
(actually IANA IDN tables site is extremely difficult
to find, even with Google help !)

Best regards,
Elisabeth Porteneuve