Re: [ga] Anniversary of ALAC Self-Review

  • To: "sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ICANN ALAC <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Anniversary of ALAC Self-Review
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 23:34:36 -0800
  • Cc: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, essential ecom <ecommerce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, denise michel <denisemichel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "vinton g. cerf" <vint@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sotiris and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

I could not agree more with you remarks and comments.  I am very sure
many if not most of our members, a few of which attended in Vancouver,
also agree as it seems Karl's earlier post on his observations at Vancouver
in part acknowledged.

Vittorio as you should recall, Sotiris, has been a frequent practitioner
of obviscation in his use of language and in his answers to direct
or pointed questions.  So of course has Denise Michel, Vint Cerf,
Paul Twomey and many others of the ICANN BOD and staff for
at least 5 years sense ICANN's existence.  Such nonsense is
hardly productive, or even remotely encouraging for stakeholders/users
everywhere.  This to me anyway, is a failure of leadership.   However
as all of ICANN's leadership is appointed and not elected, this poor
leadership should not be unexpected.  This is at the crux and always
had been at the crux of ICANN's troubles and turmoil, and will remain
so unless or until good elected/mandated leadership is in place and
has a chance/time to correct or fix the mess that has already been
made.