Re: [ga] ALAC Self-Review

  • To: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ALAC Self-Review
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 00:25:04 -0700
  • Cc: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, WGIG <wgig@xxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vittorio and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  Vittorio, yet again you demonstrate your lack of creditability
NO WGIG representative truly or legitimately represented
any stakeholder/user as they were all appointed not elected.
So please got of this nonsense!

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> Danny Younger ha scritto:
> > I call to your attention the following assessment of
> > the ALAC that has emerged from the WSIS process:
> >
> > "Recognizing that the ICANN At-Large Advisory
> > Committee (ALAC) is an inadequate attempt to give
> > representation to the relatively unorganized
> > constituency of users, this should be remedied in the
> > very near term."
> > http://www.itu.int/wsis/docs2/pc3/contributions/sca/SouthCentre-23.doc
>
> To be fair, that assessment comes from just one of the many comments
> that were submitted by individual groups during the process. Generally
> speaking, you may want to review the assessments in the WGIG Report and
> Background Report as a source of opinions that, at least, were agreed
> among a group of varied people representing many stakeholders.
>
> > As the ALAC continues to be not much more than a very
> > pale version of Non-Commercial Constituency, have you
> > at all considered the possibility of merging with
> > NCUC?
>
> Sure. This has been among the subjects of discussion of our (now usual)
> joint meeting with the NCUC, both in Cape Town and in Mar del Plata, as
> I remember. It seems to me that both constituencies consider more useful
> to the cause of non commercial and individual users of the Internet to
> continue cooperating in their different roles, so that we can act
> together on two fronts.
>
> > I believe that the At-Large can find a better avenue
> > for representation within the ICANN process through
> > recourse to a General Assembly approach (similar to
> > that which was available under the old DNSO).
> >
> > When can we expect your self-review to become public?
>
> We haven't discussed the matter yet, but we plan to finalize the review
> by the Vancouver meeting, if possible. If you will be there, we may
> discuss this in person.
>
> Regards,
> --
> vb.             [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
> http://bertola.eu.org/  <- Prima o poi...

"Obediance of the law is the greatest freedom" -
   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827