Re: [ga] .vu CCTLD off the air

  • To: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .vu CCTLD off the air
  • From: Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 11:40:26 -0500
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From what I can ascertain, the Internet link between Australia and Vanuatu was down, or feeling poorly.

3 of the 4 authoritative servers for the vu ccTLD are in Vanuatu. The other appears to be in California. I'm guessing that the other one is set up as a slave and once the connection was down long enough, the slave server curled up it's toes.

Look's like the link is back up, but hopefully the operators of .vu do some modifications to their setup so that a link outage doesn't kill the whole TLD again.