[ga] Re: .vu CCTLD off the air

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 11:40:26AM -0500,
 Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 50 lines which said:

> 3 of the 4 authoritative servers for the vu ccTLD are in
> Vanuatu. The other appears to be in California. I'm guessing that
> the other one is set up as a slave and once the connection was down
> long enough, the slave server curled up it's toes.

This night, ".jm" disappeared too (it is now back but failures of
".jm" are very common). All the name servers are apparently on the
island, which does not have perfect outside links.

This is very surprising, giving that you can easily obtain a gratis
and professionnal secondary name service.

If ICANN had a monitoring of TLD, they could see the same but they
prefer bureaucratic games to actual operational action.