Re: [ga] A Call for Resignations

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] A Call for Resignations
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 05:53:05 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Esther Dyson <edyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, denise michel <denisemichel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Maybe it is too bad that some people get labeled with things like "always being pessimistic". It goes hand in hand with people who constantly say "I told you so" but never try or accomplish anything themselves. And I have noticed the same folks that get labeled like that usually claim to have some big deal that never seems to materialize like one hundred thousand plus that never speak for themselves.

Danny and Sotiris are doing something positive and while they should hear their critics, they should not be deterred. Blessings be upon those who seek to build and not just destroy. May their voices be strong and be heard by those needing such a voice.

Eric

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Danny and all former DNSO GA members or other stakeholders/users,

Danny, your only about a year and a half behind the curve. I have
along with our members been saying that the ALAC never was
legitimate. It was the brain child of Esther Dyson and denise michel
and as such when the old ALOC was attempted and also failed
as did the atlarge.com as did Jupes faulty effort at forming an
at large stakeholders/users organization as they all only wanted
certain people to be "Allowed" to be members, much like a
Club with very restrictive membership rules...

Hence Danny, you do not speak for any majority of stakeholder/users,
nor are you likely ever to be able to for many and varied reasons which
have already been voluminously articulated by many DNSO GA participants
over a fairly lengthy period of time..

Danny Younger wrote:

> Dear members of the At-Large Advisory Committee:
>
> This request has been sent to each of you personally with copies
> forwarded to each member of the ICANN Board, to the At-Large Forum, to
> committee[at] alac.icann.org, to the ICANN Ombudsman, to the At-Large
> Executive Director, to the General Assembly discussion list, to the
> GNSO ALAC Liaison, to the GAC ALAC Liaison, to the Chair of the GNSO
> Council, to the Chair of the ccNSO Council and to the ICANN
> Vice-President for Policy Development Support.
>
> I would like to begin by thanking Thomas Roessler and Esther Dyson for
> their service on the At-Large Advisory Committee and applaud their
> decision to resign in order to better pursue other endeavors. I now
> call upon the remaining members of the At-Large Advisory Committee to
> tender their resignations.
>
> This is a vote of no confidence. I believe that I speak for the
> At-Large community when I say that your service is no longer desired.
>
> The At-Large respects the concept of transparency; you do not. No
> minutes of any of your meetings have ever been posted. No MP3
> recordings of any of your teleconferences have ever been provided. No
> record of any committee vote has ever been published. At a time when
> the world expects the entities responsible for the management of the
> domain name system to be transparent, you have chosen to operate in
> secret. It would be honorable for you to resign.
>
> The At-Large believes in the exchange of dialogue with all parties in
> the ICANN deliberative process; you do not. Messages have been sent
> to you, through the ALAC forum, through your commitee e-mail address,
> through the General Assembly discussion list, and to each of you
> individually. You have chosen not to respond to the concerns and
> criticisms put forth by individual members of the At-Large community.
> It would be honorable for you to resign.
>
> The At-Large continues to advocate for the representation that was
> promised to us on the ICANN Board; you do not. The ALAC has never
> once raised the primary issue that is central to the At-Large
> Community. Representation is one of the four pillars of the White
> Paper. The At-Large cannot abide by your ongoing efforts to
> substitute "participation" for the "representation" that is our due.
> It would be honorable for you to resign.
>
> The At-Large Study Committee found consensus for the formation of a
> Supporting Organization for the At-Large. The At-Large supports the
> concept of an SO within which our interest can manifest; you do not.
> The ALAC has never once discussed the establishment of a Supporting
> Organization for the At-Large that elects directors to the ICANN
> Board. The At-Large cannot stand idly by while our interests are
> being ignored. It would be honorable for you to resign.
>
> The At-Large understands its composition as individuals and
> organizations not otherwise represented by ICANN's Supporting
> [...]

Pierre Abelard

United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827