Re: [ga] ICANN Vancouver 2005 - AtLarge.ca

  • To: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Vancouver 2005 - AtLarge.ca
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 05:33:55 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sotiris,

How shall such a site be censored?  I note that many such places have seemingly gone forward only to find a censorship that ultimately takes control of the flow of information so that it reflects the goals of the maker and not that of the users.  Usually it is first done in the name of what is appropriate and nice and then becomes a style and personality issue. And finally it becomes a clear platform for the annointed and them alone.
Whether it is a BoD that limits membership or a Committee that only recognizes certain well bred contributors or a website that censors people and Ideas and "vulgarity of personal attacks" it usually comes down to a chosen few selecting what is good or bad for the many. Watchdogs was ICANNs favorite method, while one man dictatorship was TRs.

I hope you will be able to safegaurd this most precious freedom of speech and not fall victim to those who would censor that which they think is uncomfortable. For it is the "VOICE" of the Internet user that is at stake not the sensibility and virginity of the willing reader.

Shalom,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All,

As I will make every effort to be present at the Nov. 30 - Dec. 4,
2005 ICANN meeting in Vancouver, I deemed it prudent to initiate an
AtLarge organizing movement at this time.

I have set up a web site for this purpose: http://atlarge.ca/

Comments are welcome.

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos

--
This email includes a valid digital signature which positively
distinguishes the sender and serves to ensure that the message has

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender
does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution,
use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by
other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received
this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or
otherwise) immediately.
begin:vcard
fn:Sotiris Sotiropoulos
n:Sotiropoulos;Sotiris