Re: [ga] A Call for Resignations

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] A Call for Resignations
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:55:00 -0800
  • Cc: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Esther Dyson <edyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, denise michel <denisemichel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

 Our members do speak for themselves when and where they can and wish
to.  Many have been censored or thwarted in other various and deceiving
ways.  However as I am the elected spokesman for our members whom
speak with one voice, I have and am so honored to do so and humbled
by our members staunch support.  As such, I try to speak where and
when I can in their behalf and at our members behest in doing so...

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> [...]
> > mechanisms is not only a breach of the ICANN bylaws, it is an insult
>
> > to the At-Large on whose behalf you purportedly act. It would be
> > honorable for you to resign.
> >
> > The At-Large community has noted time and time again the failure of
> > ICANN to post the minutes of its Board meetings; you have not. The
> > ALAC has never sent a statement to the Board condemning such blatant
>
> > disregard for transparency and has never acted on behalf of the
> > At-Large to ensure that bylaws are being followed. When bylaws
> aren't
> > being followed, when PDP status pages are never posted, when Issue
> > Reports are not generated as per bylaws guidelines, when PDP Public
> > Commment periods fail to materialize, this affects the At-Large that
>
> > is denied the opportunity to effectively contribute to policy
> > deliberations. The ALAC has done nothing to promote the interests of
>
> > the At-Large as contributors in the ICANN process; we remain shut
> out
> > of all deliberations. It would be honorable for you to resign.
> >
> > The At-Large recognizes that the nineteen certified At-Large
> > "structures" have contributed absolutely nothing to discussions
> > pertaining to the domain name system; you do not. The ALAC continues
>
> > to point to an ongoing certification process of at-large
> "structures"
> > as a barometer of success; we regard it as a tacit demonstration of
> > failure as no tangible benefits have accrued from this process and
> > there has been no demonstrated interest in forming even one single
> > regional at-large organization. If you haven't yet gotten the
> > message, allow me to repeat it one last time -- it would be
> honorable
> > for you to resign.
> >
> > There are others that can provide advice to the ICANN Board
> regarding
> > the needs and interest of the At-Large. While the ALAC has no
> defined
> > term limits, it is clear to us that you have had your turn and
> sadly,
> > your performance has not adequately served the needs of the
> At-Large;
> > please step aside and let others get the job done.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Danny Younger
> >

> Regards,
>
> --
> Jeffrey A. Williams
> Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)
>
> "Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others" -
> Pierre Abelard
>
> "If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
> liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
> P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
> United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
> Updated 1/26/04
> CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
> IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.

    Pierre Abelard