Re: [ga] Re: Last day of comments for .net bids

  • To: Elliot Noss <enoss@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: Last day of comments for .net bids
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:43:12 -0800
  • Cc: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, discuss-list@xxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Elliot and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

  I am more in agreement in part with Harpinder Athwal see:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/net-rfp-denic/msg00005.html

  I would add that I believe keeping .net within the US and with
Verisign is a much more preferred situation for our members...

Elliot Noss wrote:

> I meant to post yesterday both this
> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050203/nyth048_2.html and this
> http://forum.icann.org/lists/net-rfp-denic/msg00004.html
>
> if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
>
> Regards
>
> George Kirikos wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Today's the final day to submit comments to ICANN on the .net bid. See:
> >
> > http://icann.org/tlds/net-rfp/net-rfp-public-comments.htm
> >
> > They use an email confirmation system, so be sure to check your email
> > immediately afterwards for the instructions to confirm the comments,
> > otherwise they won't be posted.
> >
> > My own submission was:
> >
> > ---- Endorsement of DENIC starts ----------
> > After careful consideration of the 5 applications, I believe the DENIC
> > proposal should be the winner. I would rank the five as follows:
> >
> > 1. Denic
> > 2. Afilias
> > 3. Sentan
> > 4. VeriSign
> > 5. Core++
> >
> > I believe DENIC offers the combination of experience and proven scale
> > to  reliably handle the .net registry, and can be trusted to not abuse
> > its position as registry operator.
> > ---- Endorsement of DENIC ends ----------
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > George Kirikos