Re: [ga] Re: Is there still a GNSO?

  • To: "J-F C. \(Jefsey\) Morfin" <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: Is there still a GNSO?
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 06:49:08 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is absolutey no data or empirical proof that the more people are involved here, that newcomers or dotcommoners or sages are leaving or do not participate. In fact the study we did for the wg-review, outreach, showed exactly the opposite. It even showed the more rancorous the behaviour here the more productive in terms of reaching consensus and shear numbers were at the time. If you think I am off base turn on your television for two hours and watch the shows and the commercials, it will help tune you in to what sells. Two factors seemed to slow the list down. Censoring and frustration of impotence levied from the top down. The formation of the fake at-large movement and something called the domain name owners also distracted and pulled people away.

This list is still monitored and incorporated into the thinking and logic of the GNSO. Hendersons' comments here and copied elsewhere are known to the community. Youngers' ideas and insight often are compelling. Sotirious is always read due to brevity and critique.

Your confusion here Jefsey seems, as has been the case for years, that if your desired result is not forthcoming then the system is broken. The ICANN elite protects themselves well. If on this list you raise a threat to that elitism then you are heard and surely protective measures are put in place. Often this is simply giving the small people a little more food to stop a revolt.

Eric

"J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 11:27 03/01/2005, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 02:51:14PM +0100,
> J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin wrote
> a message of 6 lines which said:
>
> > I am interested to know if there is still a GNSO/GA or any other
> > GNSO entity alive?
>
>It does not seem so.
>
> > We may be on the verge of major users lead changes in naming and
> > possibly in addressing and even in architecture.Will this mailing
> > list want to investigate, support or lead this move? or stay a one
> > no interest mail a month list?
>
>The least you can say is that it is very difficult to have an open
>forum for *all* Internet users. Such forums are very quickly
>overwhelmed by people like Jeff W. or Joe B. or Jim F. and the
>interesting people quickly move out.
>
>Sadly, I do not think you can discuss Internet governance in a
>completely open structure at the present time.

I know ... but this may be a way for us the users to show the inability of
ICANN to address their concerns and their evolution.
jfc