[ga] Re: Is there still a GNSO?

At 11:27 03/01/2005, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 02:51:14PM +0100,
 J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 6 lines which said:

> I am interested to know if there is still a GNSO/GA or any other
> GNSO entity alive?

It does not seem so.

> We may be on the verge of major users lead changes in naming and
> possibly in addressing and even in architecture.Will this mailing
> list want to investigate, support or lead this move? or stay a one
> no interest mail a month list?

The least you can say is that it is very difficult to have an open
forum for *all* Internet users. Such forums are very quickly
overwhelmed by people like Jeff W. or Joe B. or Jim F. and the
interesting people quickly move out.

Sadly, I do not think you can discuss Internet governance in a
completely open structure at the present time.

I know ... but this may be a way for us the users to show the inability of ICANN to address their concerns and their evolution.
jfc