Re: [ga] Re: [CRIS Info] FW: Communications issues as important as environment, says new Syracuse University Convergence Center report

  • To: Art McGee <amcgee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: [CRIS Info] FW: Communications issues as important as environment, says new Syracuse University Convergence Center report
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:27:01 -0700
  • Cc: Milton Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Art and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

 I am my parents legal guardian as they are elderly, 86 and 81 yrs of
age.
I learned from them a very long time ago, that public discourse should
be discussed in public in an open and transparent manner.  Hence
that part of your remarks seems to be a little bit off the mark.

  I also did not in any way suggest that you did or did not discount
Milton.  I suggested that you SHOULD not do so in my original
response to you in that regard on this thread.  However your
comments regarding Milton was seemingly in the negative.
Hence I only agreed in part as to the direction that negativity
was seemingly intended, yet was given in a manner that was
IMHO underhanded and should be aired in public as the thread
was originally posted anyway...

Art McGee wrote:

> > One however should not discount Milton in any way
> > automatically as he has expressed in good form and phrase,
> > execellent ideas that should be given serious
> > consideration.
>
> I wasn't discounting anyone. For the record, I was just
> sending you a private note of praise which wasn't for public
> comment. You might want to brush up on your netiquette
> because you obviously didn't learn about it from your parents.
>
> I was making a more general observation about the way policy
> wonks, academics, and techies tend to dominate most of the
> discussions around communications and media, even though the
> public is the only entity that gives all of this it's value.
> None of this has any meaning outside the context of it's use
> by people, and yet, people are often an afterthought when it
> comes to the decisionmaking. That was my point. It wasn't
> about anyone in particular, but a more general observation.
>
> Art McGee
> Principal Consultant
> Virtual Identity
> Communications+Media+Technology