Re: [ga] dot-IQ

Asaad and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

Asaad Y. Alnajjar, P.E. - Millennium Inc. wrote:

> Jeff
>
> Through the multiple hats I hold, the presentations I conducted on behalf of
> Iraq and the various non profit organizations I am active within, I have
> managed along with many other loyal Iraqis & Arabs to set the direction in
> which Iraq's technology and technical advancement is heading towards within
> the next two years, it has been a tough year but we have so far survived.

 I was not aware of you being present in Iraq or of you working within
and in concert with the current Iraq council in place in Bagdad.  Perhaps
some specific references are in order?  In any event, in war survival is
defeat, victory is all that really matters.

> Since late 2000 I have been pursuing excellence not only for .IQ but for all
> the Arab ccTLDs in an effort to rise the Arabic internet presence to the
> leadership position it should be at, the hurdle has always been within some
> elements of ICANN.

  Yes I am sure ICANN has presented some difficult obstacles for you
and any-dns.  But I was not aware that any-dns was a non profit
organization...  Yet ICANN is not where your efforts should be
directed.

> To answer you straight out, YES, the interim government and the one upcoming
> June 30 are all aware of our contribution for .IQ and other internet and
> telecom infrastructure and grounds to come and to build over the upcoming
> years.

Well it should not take years to build a reasonably funded registry.  Hence
my concern has only been now heightened as to your efforts...

> Please don't compare us to other private sector entities (whom are trying
> hard to steal this from the Iraqi people) as the work on hand here is by non
> profit organization and the goal is to build Iraq.

  I believe the Iraqi council has the proper and legal authority to decide and
determine along with the citizens of Iraq to determine what entity if outside
the Iraqi government, will be managing the .IQ ccTLD...  I can only hope
that whatever the decision the Iraqi council makes .IQ will remain in the
hands of a Iraqi governmental entity and thereby accountable to the
Iraqi people instead of some non-profit or for profit corp. that has no
direct accountability to whom such a registry serves...  Iraq and it's
people have already seen far too much non governmental and private
enterprise, for profit or non-profit taking advantage of it's people...

> Hope to get your support.
>
> Regards,
>
> Asaad

    Pierre Abelard