Re: [ga] dot-IQ

  • To: "Asaad Y. Alnajjar, P.E. - Millennium Inc." <asaad@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] dot-IQ
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 04:30:13 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This ain't exactly what I want for Iraq. But what do I know? Heck I am still in trouble for not gettin my haircut on saturday. Your net will soon be open. But you better do a danged good job managing it.

"Asaad Y. Alnajjar, P.E. - Millennium Inc." <asaad@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jeff

Through the multiple hats I hold, the presentations I conducted on behalf of
Iraq and the various non profit organizations I am active within, I have
managed along with many other loyal Iraqis & Arabs to set the direction in
which Iraq's technology and technical advancement is heading towards within
the next two years, it has been a tough year but we have so far survived.

Since late 2000 I have been pursuing excellence not only for .IQ but for all
the Arab ccTLDs in an effort to rise the Arabic internet presence to the
leadership position it should be at, the hurdle has always been within some
elements of ICANN.

To answer you straight out, YES, the interim government and the one upcoming
June 30 are all aware of our contribution for .IQ and other internet and
telecom infrastructure and grounds to come and to build over the upcoming
years.

Please don't compare us to other private sector entities (whom are trying
hard to steal this from the Iraqi people) as the work on hand here is by non
profit organization and the goal is to build Iraq.

Hope to get your support.

Regards,

Asaad