RE: [ga] Google's SafeSearch is overzealous, blocks innocuous domains
- To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: RE: [ga] Google's SafeSearch is overzealous, blocks innocuous domains
- From: Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 13:01:45 +1200
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 04:54 p.m. 24/04/2004, Nainil Chheda wrote:
SafeSearch also marked as unsafe for children JewishSussex.com, a
site; EssexCountyBeeKeepers.org of Topsfield, Mass.;
BluesExcuse.SouthBurnett.com.au, an Australian blues band's site;
BassExpert.com; and the Anglo-Saxon history site RomansInSussex.co.uk.
Looks like teething trouble of the new service, rather than "the code
becoming the law".
As long as the code is not smarter, what Google needs to do is set up a
complaints' address with a few humans who check the sites over.