Re: [ga] Funny but true

  • To: John Berryhill <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Funny but true
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 03:13:41 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, "declan@xxxxxxxx" <declan@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

John and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  Well John, it is rather odd to say the least, that the ICANN staff or
Board would use the services of an Australian staffing agency to
locate a Ombudsman that must or is desired to have several years
of experience in California as an ombudsman. Perhaps this very
odd decision/hiring method is related to the fact that the current
ICANN CEO is an native Australian?  Or could the outsourcing
financial advantage be thus that using a Australian staffing agency
is so great?  Perhaps Paul Twomey would be so kind, open and
transparent as to share with the stakeholders how and why this
decision was taken?  If not the inference you have drawn here
in your comments/remark below will proceed onward as
an yet another example of questionable business practice...
As such we all can draw our own conclusions...

John Berryhill wrote:

> My favorite part about the ICANN job listing for Ombudsman is that
> they want
> someone with several years of experience in California as an
> ombudsman.
>
> So, to find this person, they hired an Australian staffing agency.
>
> And the world is supposed to take this organization seriously?

Regards

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS