Re: [ga] More on Sitefinder suspension

  • To: admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] More on Sitefinder suspension
  • From: Dan Steinberg <synthesis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:28:48 -0400
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No. I'm trying to say that if with the help of google and text searches people cant find the right clauses or texts when it comes to supporting their arguments I tend to doubt that said clauses exist in a precise form that would tend to support said arguments.
I have been around this block often enough. Vague recollection of clauses and pointing to things that dont exactly prove a point don't impress me anymore. And I doubt they impress the people who are actually in a position to do something either. So if you are going to claim that NTIA should step in and use a particular clause or clauses I suggest you take the time to reference them.

admin wrote:

Same thing for Russ. If these clauses are so obviously applicable why do we have to go looking for them?

Because most people do not have clauses to cooperative agreements memorized. This is nothing new or something that has never been used before. These clauses to which I refer cover all cooperative agreements and have been around for many years. The issue is whether NTIA wants to step in and use them.

Are you trying to say that because people don't have the clause memorized
that it cannot be used?

Russ Smith

-- Dan Steinberg

SYNTHESIS:Law & Technology