Re: [ga] RE: ICANN Litigation Documents website, and WLS

  • To: Rick Wesson <wessorh@xxxxxx>, Don Evans <DEvans@xxxxxxx>, "Nancy J. Victory" <nvictory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RE: ICANN Litigation Documents website, and WLS
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 22:00:35 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxx, "'Dan Halloran'" <halloran@xxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rick and all former DNSO GA members,

  Given Dan's errant comments of the past regarding stakeholder/user
determination in ICANN policy, I still personally find it difficult to
consider any of his work that you suggest he has done to be
"Good Works" with respect to the needs, wishes, and desires
of the stakeholders/users.  Hence he MAY be working contrary
to the best interests of the internet community and serving an
agenda that is not broadly shared amongst that community.

Rick Wesson wrote:

> Russ,
>
> to the lay person it may seem that Dan Halloran does nothing; however, I
> can personally attest that dan works more hours than I, and has worked
> probably more than he desired. As a new father I'm sure he has worked more
> than his family has wished, which is more than any man should.
>
> I have alot of respect for Dan and the hours he puts in. He does a better
> job than any of us could.
>
> best,
>
> -rick
>
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, admin wrote:
>
> > >Just as a followup, Dan Halloran has updated the "litigation" page, so
> >
> > I cannot believe it!  Dan Halloran actually did something!  I think this is
> > the only task he has completed since joining ICANN.  How much of a bribe did
> > it take to get him to actually complete a task?
> >
> > Russ Smith

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801