RE: [ga] RE: GA irrelevant What is a Charter???

  • To: Accountability Headquarters <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] RE: GA irrelevant What is a Charter???
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 15:38:49 -0700 (PDT)

Seems we could do this right here

--- On Sat, 5/15/10, Roberto Gaetano

I think that we are turning in circles, but let me give a last reply on this
subject.

Joop:

> The whole problem is that ICANN even asks for a renewed
> "petition to form a constituency".

Renewed???
Since the GNSO structure has changed, these are the activities ongoing to
form new constituencies:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/improvements/newco-process-en.htm.

Sotiris:

> How about voting for a bootstrap Chair/Committee to form the
> nucleus of an RC, which could formulate a charter that might
> have a chance at passing muster as a serious effort?

With all the free tools that are available today for social networks, it
seems to me that it should not be exceedingly difficult to get a bunch of
people together to write a charter. I am pretty sure that none of the groups
who have written prospective constituency charters (see again the url above)
have set up a complete parliamentary structure: after all you need to write
a charter, not a constitution.