Re: [ga] RE: Removal from GA list

  • To: "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx >> GA" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RE: Removal from GA list
  • From: Matthew Pemble <matthew@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 08:18:56 +0100

Folks,

I would just like to point out, in the interests of fairness, that, after
some 13 hours (some 6 or so of which were working hours in California) and 4
on-list responses from the ICANN ombudsman, I have not received any public
or private response to my email regarding Joe's suspension apparently due to
my email.

ICANN host this list therefore, under the law as it applies to me, they do
have the right (in fact it is trivial to argue, the responsibility) to
censor inappropriate content.  I appreciate this is different for those of
you with First Amendment rights under the US Constitution :), if you assume
that ICANN is a government agent (and First Amendment case law would suggest
that it counts as one for that purpose.)  However, with that comes the
responsibility to explain your public actions.

I am increasingly puzzled - especially by Frank's interventions.  Would
ICANN please either suspend me (and explain what rule or norm I breached)
and reinstate Joe, or correct the explicit statement that Joe was suspended
because of my email.

If I do receive a private email from ICANN explaining or correcting their
position, I will send an email to the list stating that such has been
received.

Matthew

--
Matthew Pemble