[ga] Problems kick-starting the Inclusive Namespace

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Problems kick-starting the Inclusive Namespace
  • From: "John Palmer" <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 01:16:34 -0500

Thats not true, Joe, it is lack of financial and political desire. Our best bet
was to get some support
from the those who wanted to get out from under ICANN control.

We found that in the nation of Turkey and at the same time the large European
ISP Tiscali.

Joe was part of this effort and in the summer of 2005, he went to Holland to
work on the project with Herman
and when he got there, he tried, like Joe always does, to take over and boss
people around and when
they wouldn't let him do so, he turned on them and began his campaign of
slander and lies.

This scared the very conservative business types like those in Tiscali and the
govt of Turkey. They perceived they
were dealing with a bunch of squabbling weirdos and ran away from the project.

There is it - up in smoke. The one good chance that we had. I'm sure ICANN was
breathing a sigh of relief. Tom
thinks Joe is a paid shill for ICANN because he always seems to screw up the
INS just as its about to realize
a success. I just think he is a control freak and psychotic whose attention has
unfortunatly been caught by
the INS.

Thats the long and the short of it. Joe has spent every waking moment since
then in his apartment in Peterborough,
Ontario, concatenating files of useless information together to publish on his
website about how everyone else is a crook
and he is the savior of the internet.

Bottom line: He went to Holland and tried to boss people around and they
wouldn't let him and this is what
he does in response to their rebuff. I know Herman Xennt doesn't like to
respond in these kind of fora, but
he does monitor. I wish he would come on and give some more first hand detail
of this debacle, but I can
understand how was traumatized by Joe's behavior in the past and woulan ICANN
get away with it?

That should be what we are talking about.

Some of us keep the faith, even though its very lonely. I can tell you that my
registry ops and LionMail COST me money, money
that I pay out of my paycheck as a business consultant and software developer.
I do it because I still have faith that
somehow, something may work out. One of the things that I will NEVER, NEVER,
NEVER do is to allow Joe to spew his
lies about the past, with out answer.  Like the holocaust deniers, Joe commits
offenses, destroys lives and businesses and then tries to
blame everyone else on what he caused. I will NEVER let those lies go
unanswered.

I am younger than Joe, by about 20 years, best I can tell, and my only solace
is that, all things being equal, I'll
outlive him, and will have the last word.

Cheers,
John

destroy - show me his positive aspects in the I.N.S. (was Re: OT - a moment
with John Palmer Re: [ga] censorship among root servers)

          For instance:  It would seem that the failure of the TLDA is a fine
indicator of a lack an ICANN get away with it?