Re: [ga] 8. Registrants representation
- To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [ga] 8. Registrants representation
- From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 08:46:37 -0700 (PDT)
I would venture that the Board isn't keen on elections because of the
probability that what they view as "the wrong people" would win (as they did in
the prior elections). It's a control issue.
But let's move on:
(1) how do we get a registrant constituency established in the GNSO, and
(2) how do we arrive at a process to appoint an at-large director.
Are there any participants on this list that are willing to work on either of
these two efforts?
--- On Fri, 9/25/09, Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [ga] 8. Registrants representation
> To: "GA" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: "Danny Younger" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Friday, September 25, 2009, 10:07 AM
> Why do people argue between
> Individual representation and registrants
> Clearly with modern (read modern to mean anything
> beyond what Crispin can understand when running systems ten
> years out of date) voting and verification abilities,
> worldwide elections are now feasable and should be
> implemented as promised in the original white papers and
> evidenced by Karls seat.