Re: [ga] Maintenance and Management of the GA

  • To: Thomas Narten <narten@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Maintenance and Management of the GA
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 09:47:14 -0400

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Thomas Narten <narten@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I do not understand what purpose this list serves and why the GNSO
> does not just turn it off. The mere existance of the list would imply
> that ICANN somehow supports it, and the naive individual might think
> this list is a place to learn things of importance or to participate
> in ICANN.

The list as I understand it is required by law.

> The GA no longer exists within ICANN and hasn't for more years than I
> have been participating in ICANN...

It never did exist within ICANN. It used to exist within the DNSO and the
GNSO is obligated to carry on the tradition.

Does anyone else besides me think that the GNSO should simply
> acknowledge the uselessness of this list and shut the list down?

I disagree. The list is very useful. It is the last place left for free
speech - or was before the censorship.

What surprises me Thomas is that people like you complain the list is
useless - yet you never leave.

cheers
joe baptista

--
Joe Baptista

www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium
The future of the Internet is Open, Transparent, Inclusive, Representative &
Accountable to the Internet community @large.
 Office: +1 (360) 526-6077 (extension 052)
    Fax: +1 (509) 479-0084

Personal: www.joebaptista.wordpress.com