Re: [ga] Maintenance and Management of the GA

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Maintenance and Management of the GA
  • From: Thomas Narten <narten@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 09:10:09 -0400

I do not understand what purpose this list serves and why the GNSO
does not just turn it off. The mere existance of the list would imply
that ICANN somehow supports it, and the naive individual might think
this list is a place to learn things of importance or to participate
in ICANN.

The GA no longer exists within ICANN and hasn't for more years than I
have been participating in ICANN...

I would welcome a forum where general discussion of matters of
importance to ICANN could be discussed in a thoughtful manner. But
this list clearly does achieve such a goal, by almost any metric one
could imagine. (My favorite metric is that Jeff Williams dominates
this list in terms of number of postings, which pretty much says it
all.)

Question:

Does anyone else besides me think that the GNSO should simply
acknowledge the uselessness of this list and shut the list down?

And if so, how do we make it so?

Thomas