RE: [ga] Whois Accuracy Study Launches

  • To: "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Whois Accuracy Study Launches
  • From: "Karl E. Peters" <tlda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 07:57:24 -0700

Having lived for a time in China, I expect one could easily enough
verify the registered address, but many there with .com or .net type
addresses may not be easily verified or even want to be found as there
is still censorship on ideas there and such a domain may host a site for
which they could get in trouble for very innocent transmittal of facts.
My job there was to write the English news broadcasts for Shanghai TV
station before, during and shortly after the Tian-an-Men massacre in
1989. We didn't even cover the massacre at all. It was as if it never
happened in China. Sadly, there are likely many comparable situations
around the world.

Karl E. Peters
620 Sea Island Road, #123
St. Simons Island, GA 31522  USA

Tel.: (912) 638-1638

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep in order to gain what he
cannot lose."  -Jim Elliot